December 20, 2009

creative therapy on a sunday afternoon

My mom had one of her altered art classes today (check out her blog here) and although I was supposed to be her assistant, I managed to squeeze into an empty chair and work on a project of my own.  Usually I take forever to figure out what I want to make, and then another forever to pick out the perfect combination of paper.  I actually finished a project in one sitting this time--quite remarkable for the amount of time I take to actually start it.  I altered an acrylic picture frame and made it into a notepad for my desk.  It's super cute AND functional...that's why I like altered art because you can actually use what you make, whether it's a clipboard or jumbo sized clothespin (see photos below).  I love being organized (or at least attempting to be) and organizing your papers with pretty things makes it easy...in theory :)





The notepad says "Don't bother me...I'm in a creative mood!"



This is just one of my mom's newest creations.  Adorable altered clipboard and clothespin set (shown here holding a gift card).


No comments:

Post a Comment