March 4, 2010

Chi-O Cookies Part 1, the Dessert

I am so excited to post these photos from my sorority’s annual winter fundraiser!   I have so many pictures that I'll have to do this in two parts: dessert and decorations.  Chi-O Cookies is an all-you-can-eat dessert buffet and all proceeds from ticket sales and donations go to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.  The event was such a success, and the best part of it was that we got to take the leftovers home...for our roommates of course!

After months of looking at all the eye-candy on the dozens of cupcake blogs that I’ve discovered, I finally got the chance to bake and decorate pretty cupcakes for the enjoyment of the Davis community :)
 
Strawberry Blonde CupcakesI tasted the batter, and it was...interesting.  My friends liked the cupcakes though, so it's all good!  I'm not partial to strawberry cupcakes, that's probably why.  I just like the pretty pink color!

Minty Oreo Cupcakes.  Love the turquoise color.  It's hard to tell, but the cupcake wrapper has white polka dots!

Perfectly Pink Chocolate Cupcakes with Nestle Crunch heart

Need to transport your mini cupcakes? An egg carton works perfectly!  Just make sure the frosting isn't piped too high!
  
Safeway was kind enough to give me these cupcake cases for free!!
   
Lollipop Cupcakes!! These make me so happy!  Idea from Hostess with the Mostess, love this blog!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Elysa, these truly "take the cake". And what a great idea on using an egg carton for the mini cupcakes! If you're taking orders for the leftovers, I'll have a few of the pink chocolate cupcakes please, and oh yeah, a couple of the Oreo cakes for Kaylee...A+

    ReplyDelete