July 20, 2011

Renegade SF: A Real-Life Etsy Party


Hello San Francisco! I'm here!

Well, not right now. Right now I'm blogging from my Davis apartment, watching Jerry Maguire with my fabulous best-friend-slash-roomie (who is actually crafting me me, I'm so proud) because it's one of those classic movies that I know I really should see so that at some point in my life I can say "You had me at Hello." Isn't that the dream?

But I was in SF last weekend, with my best friends from high school--has it really been four years? Thanks to a series of coincidental events, we all ended up in the bay area this same weekend. AND it was the same weekend as Renegade. I couldn't miss it.  I couldn't miss it after following their blog and tweets for years, hoping to be in the same city at the same time. I've either been up here in Davis when it's in Los Angeles, or back home in LA for break when it's up in SF. I would eagerly look at the photos afterwards, trying to remember to breathe as I scrolled through deliciously colorful pictures. Yes, it is possible to taste beautifulness.  But this year was the year.

After catching the wrong bus (Dad: "Here is the best transportation map of San Francisco EVER. I've had it for years." Note to self: don't trust 10-year-old maps), and realizing that yellow paint on a pole signifies a bus stop in Chinatown, we made our way to the Fort Mason Pavilion.

It was fantastic. If Renegade were a Broadway musical, it would be called Etsy: LIVE!

Make your own business cards with Paper Pastries
I had to snag one of these. From Kelso Doesn't Dance

Chic vintage jewelry holders from W.Ho Made It
Unique candle jars from typelites

Lovely fabric necklaces by Homako

LOVE the bunting decor. Tako Fibers

The World's Smallest Post service! Courtesy of Leafcutter Designs and Chronicle Books
Fell in love with these. Next DIY project? From Nice


Both of these cupcake holder displays are fabulous. Linea Carta

Can I just buy the typewriter?
Sweet treats!
My purchases of the day! From Kelso Doesn't Dance and Rag Trader Vintage 
The business cards are mini works of art in themselves!

OMG. Photobooth lovin'. Didn't get a chance to use it though.
I was so intent on browsing the booths, I totally walked past the front table. Adorable vintage souvenirs galore.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Elysa - What wonderful reporting of the San Francisco Renegade. Last week I attended Los Angeles' Renegade Fair, and it was three hours of pure creative bliss. New friends. New ideas. New stash.

    ReplyDelete