January 18, 2010

Casitas Cupcakes! the beginning...

Once upon a time, I wanted to be a cake decorator.  I was in kindergarten and we were writing biographies to include at the back of a story that we had written and illustrated ourselves.  I remember that I had proudly said that I was going to be a cake decorator when I "grew up".  I used to love going to our neighborhood Hughes (which hasn't been Hughes for a long time now, sad face...miss those rainbow cookies) and watch the pastry chefs ice the cakes.  I thought it was the coolest job ever.  And then they stopped, quite possibly because having a little girl stare at them for hours on end messed with their concentration. Psh. Amateurs.

15 years later, I have rekindled my love of decorating cakes, but this time in the form of cupcakes!  I'm totally obsessed with everything cupcakes...especially this one blog, Cupcakes Take The Cake (check it out).  I bought two cupcake trees and a basic cupcake decorating kit to start fulfilling my new dream of becoming a cupcake decorator.  Have you ever seen What I Like About You?  There are a million things I like about that show, (hi Nick Zano), but I totally want to be Val and own my own bakery...a cupcakery to be exact (plus how cute is that word??).

SO. My brilliant idea is to start a cupcake company out of my apartment.  I'd call it Casitas Cupcakes which is super cute, and appropriate, because that's where this (soon to be) famous bakery (because it WILL become famous) all started!!  Tier, my roomie-slash-best friend is going to be my main Sprinkler, as long as I don't feed her any pink cupcakes (red dye #527).  Cupcake cheers!


Vanilla cupcakes with cream cheese frosting & pink crystal sprinkles
 



Pretty pink cupcakes for late night study sessions at the sorority house :)

No comments:

Post a Comment